Calculated and Creative

Today I’m writing a more personal blog post than I have in the past. I’d like to try to pull back the curtain, at least a bit, on business facades, corporate speak, and cultures by sharing something less conventional

I’ll start by sharing a poem I wrote, a little more about myself, in an attempt to play with authenticity, motivated to invite others to do the same, and because it feels right.

Everything is calculated in this marketplace, it seems, but can authenticity and creativity coincide with calculation? Herein lies a snapshot of my attempt to explore the hypothesis that it can. Full disclosure, this post is both authentic, creative, and calculated. 

I'd like to share a poem I wrote recently:

...

Career is less consequential than we are made to think.

Grammar, spelling, social rules

Try to create order

In a chaotic universe and world.

I want to live like the pollinators:

     Birds, bees, butterflies…

Choosing a flower and elegantly conspiring with the environment

to generate growth, wealth, abundant love.

I want to shimmer: a leaf on a tree of leaves,

And slowly glide to the ground when it’s my time.

I want to act in a joyful part of this story,

To in some way refract love, joy.

With resonance of beauty. Freedom. Peace.

--

Again, I ask:

  • Can authenticity and creativity coincide with calculation in this business marketplace?

Thank you for exploring this topic with me! I would love to hear anyone's thoughts or experiences in the comments.

Best,
Marissa Mosunich

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There's an AI tool for that

Catching up with Operate Well

Considering Consultants